Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Show Talk Episode 7



REVAMPED SHOW!
The seventh episode of Show Talk aired on December 1st, 2013!
See the full episode below:



Here is a summary of the episode, with the reviews attached for your perusal:

Most Recently Aired Episodes
We review episodes of randomly selected shows that we watched that week.

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES S2 EP6 (Harryhausen)
Review:
April tries to resume her normal life, but soon realizes that she may have put Casey in jeopardy when Karai starts hunting her again. I'm not really sure what to think of Casey's portrayal on this show. Right now he irritates me to no end and I want him mutated ASAP so I don't have watch another episode featuring his hockey stick shenanigans. The plot for this episode was once again simplistic, and the humor was passable with a few better-than-expected character driven moments. The animation and action scenes were very well done, as always. In short, good, but not a stand-out. 
Rating: 6.3/10

NASHVILLE S2 EP8 (Tarantino)
Review:
I really enjoyed this episode of “Nashville”, and at the beginning of this episode we pick up immediately where the last episode left off in its shocking cliffhanger with Mrs. Wentworth kissing Juliette that I did not see coming.  It was good that she told both of them off, but I feel it was idiotic that Mr. Wentworth came back to Juliette at the end to proclaim his love to her.  To me it sounds fake and I think it’s just another one of his attempts to get her into a threesome with him and his wife.  I felt that the whole thing with Peggy faking the miscarriage was stupid, and I don’t know how long she could possibly keep the secret that she faked the whole thing.  I highly enjoyed both duets in the show and thought the voices worked perfectly for the song that Gunner wrote, with a little help from Scarlett, and I hope to see them write more songs together once more like they were doing in season 1 before they broke up.  Chances are they will.
Rating: 6.5/10

Archive Swap Episodes
We swap shows that we've watched in the past and review an episode that the other one picks.

OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB S1 EP1 (Tarantino)
Review:
I enjoyed this episode of “Ouran High School Host Club”, but was a bit confused at some parts.  The parts I am referring are why Haruhi was voiced by a girl and the light bulbs that kept coming on at random points during the show.  It became clear to me at the end when the other members of the host club found out that Haruhi was really a girl and that the light bulbs were them getting the idea that he was really a she. The plotline was good for both the episode and the series, I enjoyed Haruhi and Tamaki’s characters the most (Probably because they are the two this episode focused on really), and if I could I’d might possible keep watching it. The only thing that is holding me back is that it is still on Harryhausen’s archive list.
Rating: 8/10

INVADER ZIM S1 EP1 (Harryhausen)
Review:
The Tallers send Zim to unknown part of the galaxy to get him out of the way, but Zim arrives on Earth safely, with his robot Gir. I'll admit that the thing that was keeping me from trying out this show before was the art style, even after having heard good things about it from practically every corner of the internet. After watching the episode, the art style was still hard for me to look at, but once I got over it, the story, humor and characters were stronger then what I'd expected. Though I feel like the first half was stronger, it was still good overall. And I want that house building gadget.
Rating: 7.8/10

Special Segment
All the ideas that couldn't fit in the current show are stuffed in this segment! There's two parts to this segment, the feature and the accessory. The feature is like our normal review segments, but with a fun twist. The accessory follows the feature segment, and is usually a game about the shows we watch.

Feature: HATED SHOWS
We review the quote unquote "best" episodes of shows we hate! Listen to the show to hear what shows we'll be hating on for hated shows!

Accessory: GUESS THE SHOW
We have to guess three shows from each other's show lists based on description alone! Listen to the show to hear what shows we'll be describing for guess the show!

Shared Episode
We both review the same episode of a show we both watch.

ARROW S1 EP7 (Harryhausen)
Review:
Count Vertigo is back in town, and Moira's trial is finally being held. Arrow got way better this season. The island flashbacks are more interesting, and new villains like the Dollmaker and Brother Blood add a lot of flavor to the show. Other then that, there were surprises throughout the episode.  I'm not a spoiler-holic, so I won't give away the twist at the end, but I'll just say that it felt like a step backwards from the direction the show was going before. My only other complaint is that Felicity needs to learn how to fight back at some point.
Rating: 7.6/10

ARROW S1 EP7 (Tarantino)
Review:
When I saw the previews for this episode “Arrow” I was rolling my eyes. “Really,” I thought, “’the return of Count Vertigo’ again?” I thought this was just going to be a lame filler episode that I wouldn’t really care about much, but I was wrong.  I found myself highly enjoying the show as usual.  I didn’t really care that much for the court scenes, and found myself a bit confused at how the “trump card” in Moira’s case that big, but I understood why at the end when the information Laurel held back in court was revealed in the big twist at the end that I never saw coming.  I highly look forward to the upcoming two part mid-season finale where we get to see Oliver go up against the Brother Blood’s army, and getting to see Berry Allen, AKA the Flash.
Rating: 9/10

Combined Rating: 8.3/10

Next Time

The next episode of Show Talk will air on Sunday, December 8th (date subject to change), 2013 at 7:30. We'll be reviewing Person of Interest and The Legend of Korra, and we'll be swapping the shows The World God Only Knows and Suburgatory, and we'll both review Once Upon a Time. For the "feature", it'll be Archive Show Review, followed by the "accessory", Quick Reviews!